Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stavanger

This past weekend, Anne, Daniel and I drove/took a ferry to Stavanger, one of their bigger cities.  (I use the term "city" lightly.  Stavanger has a population of about 200K).  We went to Ikea and then to their local shopping center, Kvardard - I don't remember how it's pronounced, so I can't help you out.  All I know is that it has two distinct R sounds, and I can't really do those.  When I try, it just sounds like I'm trying to hawk a loogie. 

It was nice to see the hustle and bustle of a busy city...

Downtown Stavanger, by the harbor

Downtown Stavanger

I liked the vine snaking it's way up the front of the building... 


After we got back, we cruised around the old harbor in Akrehamn, just after sunset.  



1 comment:

About Me

My photo
As promised, I proudly present my blog to keep you updated on my year in Norway. I'm so excited to venture on this journey, and I'm happy to share my adventures and experiences with everyone. So sit back, relax, and enjoy Europe with me! :)