Sunday, February 1, 2009

American music

So one of the things that has stuck out to me so far since I've been here (a week, already!) is the popularity of American music .  They play a mixture of Norwegian and American music on their radio stations, but it's definitely an 80-20 blend.  The first morning I was here, we sat in their kitchen chatting, when The Killers' new song, Human came on their radio.  I was sort of shocked, because that was the last thing I was expecting...later on that day I was flipping through their channels and came upon VH1!  It was in English, and the Killer's video for Human was playing...I'm pretty sure that song will forever remind me of Norwizzle. 

Every time we get into the car, Kurt and Anne sing along with or bob their heads to American jams...I'm talking Akon, the Killers, oldies by Mary J. Blige, 80s rock music (Kurt's favorite) and on and on.  I don't know why but I just can't get used to it, and it makes me laugh every time.  

It's a nice reminder of home...just like my calendars that I put up today!  Trace and Kath - thank you again - they always put a smile on my face :)

L-dog - I hope you can see 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse books on my nightstand.  I just finished #7 last night and need to order #8 on amazon.  I wonder how long it will take to ship to Norway...

M - I've been doing the Rubix cube at least once every couple of days to make sure I don't forget...I almost forgot the Super Down when I tried to do it the first time I got out here!

And yes mom, Floppy made it out to Norway with me...there was no way I was leaving him behind! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As promised, I proudly present my blog to keep you updated on my year in Norway. I'm so excited to venture on this journey, and I'm happy to share my adventures and experiences with everyone. So sit back, relax, and enjoy Europe with me! :)