Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reke Smørbrød

Remember Norway's version of Pike Place?  The other day Kurt stopped by and got 2 kilos of freshly caught shrimp (reke).  Reke Smørbrød (shrimp sandwiches) are prepared by peeling as many shrimp as you like, and then placing them on a slice of buttered bread.  Then add a light layer of mayonnaise.  I was a bit skeptical at first, but once I tasted it....so refreshing!  The perfect summer meal.  Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

Even Andreas got in on the action!


The final product.

Herligt!  (delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As promised, I proudly present my blog to keep you updated on my year in Norway. I'm so excited to venture on this journey, and I'm happy to share my adventures and experiences with everyone. So sit back, relax, and enjoy Europe with me! :)