Saturday, April 18, 2009

Out and About

Good news!  I've finally started my Norwegian classes!  We're learning Bokmål (BOO-kmaul), which is the official dialect taught to foreigners.  Unfortunately on the west coast of Norway, they speak Nynorsk (NU-nosh-k), which is a bit different than Bokmål (some words are pronounced differently, some words are changed entirely, etc.)...it's a learning process, but I'm so excited to finally start school!  Yea, I know - my nerd status is through the roof.

Here's what I've been up to this week...


Checked out a local "football" game in Kopervik.  We won!

Stine brought her friend's puppy, Tor Leif.

It was a big cold, but we managed...

~~~~~~~~~

We finally went out last night in Haugesund (the nearest "big" city)

Grete and I at Krasjna (CRUSH-na)

Eirick being Eirick.

The boys.

~~~~~~~~~

Today it was absolutely gorgeous outside!!  Not a cloud in the sky.  Grete, Ida and I hung out and enjoyed the sunshine (and recovered).  :)



Snakkes! (SNA-kahs -- talk to you later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As promised, I proudly present my blog to keep you updated on my year in Norway. I'm so excited to venture on this journey, and I'm happy to share my adventures and experiences with everyone. So sit back, relax, and enjoy Europe with me! :)