Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sweeeeeden

So sorry I've been MIA for almost a month...No worries though, I come bearing gifts!  I just got back from a long weekend in Gothenberg, Sweden, visiting my good friend from Semester at Sea, Mario.  He was in town for a couple of weeks visiting his cousin.  It was only a train ride away from here in Akre, so I popped over for a visit.  (Almost missed my train and about had a heart attack, but that is a story for another time.)  Had a GREAT time!

Reunited and it feels so good! (Yea, we're 23.)

Downtown Gothenberg

I was hoping for better weather than we've been having here in Norwizzle...meh, not so much.


Mario's cousin Chris made us a bomb dinner!  


Ready to see what Sweden has to offer.

Marstrand, a summer town off the coast of Sweden.

So quaint

A little chilly

Mario, pointing to Trygg-Hansa:  "I think this is the name of the village that we're in right now."
Chris:  "Uh...that means life vest in Swedish."

We wandered around a fort in Marstrand...

I love how they built on top of the existing topography, instead of demolishing it.


Swedish meatballs!


We made our way to the border of Norway and Sweden.  


So I went on a trip to Sweden, but then making my way back to Norway.  Go fig.


Ventured into "Old Fredrikstad"

Discovered these delicious chocolate desserts we named "Poufies."  It was a tasty sweet whipped like cream in the middle, covered with a chocolate shell and sprinkled w/coconut.  MMMMMM.

Packing our lives away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As promised, I proudly present my blog to keep you updated on my year in Norway. I'm so excited to venture on this journey, and I'm happy to share my adventures and experiences with everyone. So sit back, relax, and enjoy Europe with me! :)